How are you feeling about 2019? Are you feeling optimistic and excited about all the possibilities that will be coming your way?
If you are, you’re probably also feeling a whole lot of nerves too. You’re probably also wondering how on earth you’ll get there or make it happen.
Don’t worry, we all have those fears and doubts about how to make it happen.
I certainly do. It’s perfectly normal.
Despite some of my own fears creeping in at times, I’m really excited about this year.
I feel it’s going to be a big year. Especially for women on this planet. And especially for those that have a vision to be part of something bigger, to create positive change in the world.
It’s a time where change is very much needed. Change for the better. Social, environmental and political change. I feel passionately about that, and I know I am here to be part of that change.
To support those that have a vision to make positive world-change happen.
I have had to dig really deep to get clearer about my passion and purpose. I’ve always known it’s there. I’ve been really lucky to travel around the world setting up conservation and social projects and I’ve seen what’s possible.
But there have been times where I’ve got distracted from my purpose. I have left it quietly simmering in the background, and ignoring it a little. By stepping up to it, it would mean I’ve got to take some serious action!
It’s sometimes easier to say to yourself “I’ll leave that a bit longer” or “I’ll come back to that later when things settle down a bit and I have more time”. Recognise that?
But that’s ok. I know that every step along the way, even those really crappy and challenging times, have all lead me towards this point.
Am I there yet? No and that’s ok. I’ll probably never be ‘there’.
It’s an ever unfolding journey, and as I’ve dug deeper, unexpected paths and opportunities have popped up.
Some of those opportunities I’ve grabbed with both hands because I’ve listened to my intuition, and made peace with the fear.
Some of those opportunities I’ve passed by because I’ve also listened to my intuition and known they haven’t been right for me.
But some of those opportunities I’ve been too afraid to take.
What I do know: It’s always a choice whether you take the opportunities or not.
So, what has helped me along the way?
These are 5 things I’ve learned to help me create change quicker.
- Go deep. Do the deeper work to realise what difference you want to make in your life, your family, your career or the world! Be willing to look at what you want and what’s holding you back. It’s not always easy, but it’s far better than staying stuck.
- Curiosity. Be open and curious to see what shows up. Be willing to try new things, even if they don’t work out. I’ve made plenty of mistakes, but I’ve learned something from all of them.
- Fear is ok. I’ve learned to understand my fears and when they show up. They still show up – all the time! But I’ve got better at overcoming them. No decision is so great, that it’s literally a matter of life or death.
- Take action. This is the bit most people forget, and I’m guilty of it too. We get caught up in the ‘busy’ and think we’re taking action but wonder why the results aren’t showing up. You need to take aligned action towards your goals, but first the goal needs to be really clear, otherwise it’s just random action and wishful thinking that what you want will land in your lap.
- Get support. This, hands down, has been the biggest factor in making progress quicker and in a more focused way. I know I would never be doing what I’m doing today without it. And I will always ensure I get support in some capacity: for my business, personally and with the people I surround myself – my friends and family.
So if you feel it in your bones, that this is the year to make your vision a reality and make a positive impact (no matter how small) in these times of change, then send me an email [email protected] and let’s have a chat. I’d love to hear from you.
Remember: Start small and build from there.
P.S. What one thing do you feel passionately about and don’t want to leave it a moment longer to make that your reality? By doing something differently you will start to find a solution that works for you, and step closer towards your vision of who and what you want to be. Give it a go, what have you got to lose??
P.P.S. Send me an email – I’d love to hear how you are getting on, or let me know if you’re struggling and need a little inspiration to make a start! [email protected]